Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hope

"The best revenge is living well."
"Win over enemies with unwavering kindness."
"Treat others the way you would like to be treated."
"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."


The above four statements are just a few of my life mantras. I tend to think I have some pretty good guidelines for life in my head, even in spite of the fact that I'm a devout atheist. It's not always easy, and many times I falter from these guidelines; but nothing good is ever easy.

I can't think of much that's nice to say, so I'll just say this.

I'm living well.
I'm trying to be kind as much as I can, and I'll reaffirm this in the future regardless of how cold and mean-spirited others may get.
I treat others with the respect that I'd expect. Maybe this will turn them around.
I won't say anything more, just show it through my actions.

Even the most hard headed people can be won over with kindness. Try it for yourself today. I'll leave you with a quote from a man much wiser than me:

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless! You have to hope even more, and cover your ears and go, 'blahblahblahblahblahblahblah!'"


One day you'll realize I was always there and thank me for doing the right thing when the wrong thing was easier.

2 comments:

Lala Tamago said...

You are definitely doing the right thing

Dave said...

Thanks Fal :)

It's not easy but reassurance helps!