Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Never forsake the day

I got up this morning and started going through my usual routine: workout, eat breakfast, shower, check email, iron clothes, get ready for work. Somewhere along the way I wondered to myself what day it was. "Tuesday? Wednesday? No, it's Tuesday. Damn, it can't only be Tuesday. Blast." But then I stopped myself, and thought about it.

I should be happy it's only Tuesday.

As we get older we tend to only look forward or backwards. Forwards to five o' clock, or to the weekend, or our vacation that's coming up. Or backwards to the errors we've made in our day, in our year, in our life. And then, forwards comes. And we look back and go: wasn't I just there? How did I get here so fast? I know I don't feel 26, it seems like this just happened overnight. So often we forget to enjoy what's happening RIGHT NOW. Enjoy life for the moment you're in it, and for every moment, because every moment is precious.

So, I'm glad it's only Tuesday. I haven't let the week pass me by, there's still time for life, and enjoying the small things in it. Take time today to appreciate your own Tuesday :)

1 comment:

Petra said...

Your positivity amaze me, Dave :) I wish I could think like you do from time to time..