Monday, July 20, 2009

Refocusing

Sometimes you need to take a step back and refocus your efforts. Lately I've been a little plateaued when it comes to weight loss. So this past week I rededicated and hit a new low (Saturday). I'm hoping to break into the 170s soon (from 215 originally). I just have to keep reminding myself that good results take time. Time and persistence. That's all it takes to reach your goals.

It's a funny thing, self image. Not everyone has a good self image, and yet self-image is such an important part to in staying happy. Your self image is like a pair of sunglasses you put on everyday. You filter everything through your own self-image, so it's a very important keep a positive one! I usually have a very positive self-image, even if the way I see myself doesn't always match what's on the outside. And if your self image doesn't match what you want it to be, make the change! Be the change you want to see in this world! That's what this journey is about for me. Making how I feel the same as how I look. That's not to say I don't also look great (because who are we kidding, I look fabulous) but I want to be in the best shape of my life to match the best years of my life. Too much time has been wasted on bad decisions, so it's time to make the right decisions for once.

Dedication. Commitment. Perseverance through adversity. Things won't always go the way you want. In fact, a lot of times things will go the exact opposite way. The key is to persevere through and get through it. The old saying is: "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger". It's absolutely true. There's always a silver lining in every cloud, it's just finding it that might be the difficult part. The key is not to give in to the pressure.

I hope you all are reaching your goals. I'm working my butt off to get to mine (not only in health, but also in my career and otherwise), and good things will come to good people that work hard.

No comments: