Thursday, November 13, 2008

Top 3 Finest Futurama Episodes!


Futurama. Great show, or greatest show? The movies don't quite compare to the TV-show, so we'll have to reminisce about the good old days! Without further ado, here's my top 3 episodes, in no particular order!





Roswell that Ends Well
Why it's awesome:
- Truman busts out of a wooden box
- Space Time Paradoxes
- Lots of Zoidberg!

Favorite Quotes:
Truman: "Bush wa. No what's your mission? Are you planning to make some kind of alien human hybrid?"
Zoidberg: "Are you coming on to me?"
Truman: "Ha! Crackers, I take exception to that!"
Zoidberg: "I'm not hearing a no…"

Fry: "But, but, won't that change history?"
Professor: "Oooh… A lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-my-own-grandpa! Let's get the hell out of here already. Screw history!"

Spanish Fry
Why it's awesome:
- Human Horn
- Lrrr
- Bender 1-liners for days

Favorite Quotes:
Shady Salesman: [whispering; on TV] You're not a cop, right?
Lrrr: [on TV] Oh, no, no. I'm just some guy ... ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8!

Lrrr: "Guards, seize him! Prepare to harvest the lower horn."

Lrrr: "Mmm, this jerked chicken is good. I think I'll have Fry's lower horn jerked."
Bender: "It's used to it! Woooo!"


Anthology of Interest I
Why It's Awesome:
- 3 episodes in one!
- Gary Gygax and Al Gore make appearances
- Zoidzilla

Favorite quotes:
Gary Gygax: "Greetings! It's a" *rolls dice* "pleasure to meet you!"

Farnsworth: Now we just need a guinea pig...
(Cut to a scene with a guinea pig)
Zoidberg: *sniff* *sniff* *sniff* "What's this? Two meals in one week?"
Guinea Pig: *squeak*
(Tube comes down, trapping Zoidberg)
Gang: "Gotcha! Sucker!"
Zoidberg: "Friends, help! A guinea pig tricked me!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pssh. "The Devil's Hands are idle playthings" is the best episode.

This episode features brilliant quotes such as,

Bender: "I don't remember ever fighting Godzilla... But that is so what I would have done!"

Robot Devil: "Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry! "

Dave said...

Oh snap. Damn there are too many great ones to choose from. Devil's Hands is definitely an honorable mention. It's for sure the finest musical Futurama. My favorite from that episode?

(Fry explains that he can't play with regular hands anymore)
Zoidberg: Yes you can, the music was in your heart, not your hands!
(Fry starts playing, terribly)
Zoidberg: Booo! Your music is bad and you should feel bad!